We have 2 weeks and a few days left of the summer holiday, and I hope you’re all making the most it! I shared a post on my Instagram that encouraged parents that don’t have enough funds/time to give their kids magical holidays or extra activities not to worry, as first and foremost, your presence alone is already magical for your kid/s. We might not think so but trust me, just being there is a big thing for them!
Secondly, kids don’t really ask for much, you’ll be surprised just how many memories you can create without breaking the bank! who says that memories can only be made on holiday abroad somewhere?
Here are 10 things you can do with your kids to give them a memorable summer:
- Have a talent show- honestly this is so much fun!
- Bake together
- Have a BBQ
- Camp in the garden
- Go fruit picking
- Try a new recipe for dinner each week
- Have a picnic in the park – Our favourite
- Paint mugs or fabrics – We painted a cape!
- Go to a splash park
- Make pizzas with a twist- we made mini pizza’s with tortilla wraps last year and my son still talks about it till this day!
The top secret is doing things TOGETHER. As you can see from the list above, nothing too expensive or fancy, just simple activities the whole family can enjoy.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!