This is my go-to muffin recipe, simple and easy to make within 30mins. You can add chocolate, nuts or fruits to this recipe, today I have added chocolate chips!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 cups of self-raising flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 a cup of caster sugar
100g melted unsalted butter
1 cup of almond milk
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven on 180C
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, salt, baking powder, caster sugar)
- Mix a few spoonfuls of the mixed dry ingredients with the chocolate chips (this prevents the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the muffin)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, egg and almond milk.
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients and gently stir (make sure the mixture is not too smooth)
- Add the chocolate chips and gently mix in
- Fill muffin cases with mixture and bake for 20mins: Our reusable muffin cases are from IKEA
- Make sure the muffins have well risen and are firm to the touch before enjoying. You can also dip a skewer or in my case, a toothpick (don’t worry, you can laugh) in the muffin and if it comes out clean, that means your muffins are done!
Happy baking and thanks for stopping by!